Friday, September 10, 2004

My War--Update 2

CBFTW has another new post up, plus he has put back some of his archives--he calls it a Best Of--so we can re-read some of the old stuff we thought was lost (it wasn't, thank god; just locked up). In the new post, 'My War Continues...', he says he won't be writing his personal experiences any more and comes as close to telling us what happened as he can.

I am officially no longer writing about any of my personal experiences here in Iraq on this website.

For two reasons:
1.) For fear of any future punishment that could be handed down to me in regards to anything that I may write on this website that would prevent me from being with the members of my Platoon and doing the job that I love, which is being a Machine Gunner in the Infantry.
2.) Many Americans have fought and died for our Freedom of Speech, and I, personally, would prefer death over censorship of any form.

"The people keeping CB from posting are the same people that kept him from skating the Ralphs parking lot back in the day...
that is all you have to know about liberty and freedom, the politics of skateboarding"
-DL
Comment written by a reader

There's also a rundown of links and media articles that mention either CB or his blog, and a couple of letters that readers sent him. Check it out.

In a day or so, I'm going to be posting a piece on how the military might conceivably handle the milblog issue based on suggestions that were sent to me by Chris Missick of A Line in the Sand. Chris is a milblogger who happens to specialize in communication, and I think his suggestions have merit--they could work.

See you then.